An Academy Profession (AP) Degree Programme is a type of higher education with a duration of two years that combines theoretical studies with a practice-oriented approach
The AP Degree Programmes are offered at Academies of Professional Higher Education in Denmark. The Academies have fewer students than universities since they offer a limited number of study programmes, facilitating close contact between students and companies in the region. The AP Degree Programmes make use of the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS), a common European standard, where 60 Credits correspond to one year of full-time studies at higher-education level. The Marketing Management, Hospitality and Tourism Management, Auto-Technology & IT-Technology Programmes are two-year, full-time educations that correspond to 120 ECTS Credits.
Career Prospects The AP Degree Programmes are designed in close collaboration with representatives from relevant sectors of business and industry to ensure that the graduates get the qualifications and competencies needed by the industry. The educations include guest lecturers from private businesses, company visits and a 3 months' internship in a Danish or foreign company. The close contact with business life gives the students an excellent starting point for finding a job after graduation.
Further studies An AP Degree is comparable to the first two years of a 3-year Bachelor Degree. Because of this, AP Degree Programmes also qualify
graduates for further studies at universities or business schools in Denmark or abroad. Dania Academy of Higher Education has agreements with a number of Danish and European universities about accepting our graduates for a top-up Bachelor Degree.
Read more about the Academy's partner universities.
Quality assurance The AP Degree Programmes are approved by the Danish Ministry of Education.
All the programmes have different entry requirements. Please see the specific entry requirements under each programme.
Hospitality and Tourism
BA International Hospitality Management
English language profiency
International applicants must pass an internationally-approved test *. We accept these tests with the following minimum scores:
- IELTS: 6.0
- TOEFL Internet based: 80
- TOEFL paper based: 550
- Cambridge test: CAE: A, B or C grade
- Oxford Placement test: 140 (min. 70 in each part)
- Oxford Online Placement test: B2 (min. 70 in each part)
- TOEIC: 700
Applicants holding Nordic entrance exams, an International baccalaureate exam or applicants who have English as their native language are exempt from this requirement.
*(the test is taken in the applicant’s country of origin or residence – not at Dania).
When you have successfully applied for the international AP degree programme, you will receive an invitation for a Skype interview with one of our staff members. It will be an informal meeting where our main goal is to test your English skills as well as your motivation for applying to the programme. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions about the programme and studying in Denmark . The interview is mandatory for all students who apply for the international AP degree programmes
10 good reasons why you should study at Dania Academy of Higher Education
1) Get access to our cutting-edge facilities
Use our state-of-the-art IT and multimedia facilities. All classrooms are equipped with PCs and projectors and there is unlimited internet access from all PCs at the Academy. You also get 24-hour access to the IT centre with about 100 workplaces, scanners, CD burners, and other special equipment. Wireless internet access is available throughout the Academy premises.
2) Get your higher education for free (EU / EEA students)
In many European countries you have to pay high tuition fees, but in Denmark students from EU / EEA countries can study for free.
3) Develop your innovative and creative skills Take an active part in your own education. At Dania Academy of Higher Education we are committed to interactive and student-oriented teaching methods aimed at developing our students' creative and innovative skills.
4) Learn to translate theory to practise Through case studies and interdisciplinary project work, you will learn to translate theory to practise and get the hands-on skills that your future employers are looking for.
5) Begin your career before you graduate During your studies, you will meet guest lecturers from private businesses, go on company visits and do a 3 months' internship in a Danish or foreign company. So while you study, you get useful work experience and build a network that will be a good starting point for your career.
6) Get a global perspective In our international classes you get classmates from all over the world. You will learn to cooperate with people from different cultural backgrounds – and have a lot of fun. You can also add an extra international dimension to your education by doing an internship or study stay outside of Denmark.
7) Make English your professional language You don’t need to speak Danish to study one of our AP Degree Programmes as all teaching is conducted in English. Through your education, you will make English your professional language – a MUST if you are planning an international career.
8) Plan your career one step at a time When you choose one of our AP Degree Programmes you get a degree in just two years. After graduation you can find a job right away or you can continue studying for one to two more years at one of our partner universities to get a BA degree. This way you get a lot of flexibility in your career planning.
9) Get excellent student support
With 2500 students, the study environment at the Academy is informal and relaxed, with close personal contact between students and the academic staff. We care for our international students and will be happy to assist you with visa & immigration, accommodation, finding a part-time job and a number of other issues.
10) Experience the Danish knowledge society Living in Denmark, you will experience an advanced knowledge society with high educational standards, an attractive business climate, and a very clean environment. Denmark is also a safe society with one of the lowest crime rates in the world.