Here you can find our latest brochure.
An Academy Profession (AP) Degree Programme is a type of higher education with a duration of two years that combines theoretical studies with a practice-oriented approach
The AP Degree Programmes are offered at Academies of Professional Higher Education in Denmark. The Academies have fewer students than universities since they offer a limited number of study programmes, facilitating close contact between students and companies in the region. The AP Degree Programmes make use of the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS), a common European standard, where 60 Credits correspond to one year of full-time studies at higher-education level. The Marketing Management and Hospitality and Tourism Management Programmes are two-year, full-time educations that correspond to 120 ECTS Credits.
Career Prospects The AP Degree Programmes are designed in close collaboration with representatives from relevant sectors of business and industry to ensure that the graduates get the qualifications and competencies needed by the industry. The educations include guest lecturers from private businesses, company visits and a 3 months' internship in a Danish or foreign company. The close contact with business life gives the students an excellent starting point for finding a job after graduation.
Further studies An AP Degree is comparable to the first two years of a 3-year Bachelor Degree. Because of this, AP Degree Programmes also qualify
graduates for further studies at universities or business schools in Denmark or abroad. The Danish Business Academy Minerva has agreements with a number of Danish and European universities about accepting our graduates for a top-up Bachelor Degree.
Read more about the Academy's partner universities.
Quality assurance The AP Degree Programmes are approved by the Danish Ministry of Education.
All the programmes have different entry requirements. Please see the specific entry requirements under each programme.
English language proficiency
All non-native speakers of English applying to study under one of our programmes must demonstrate adequate English qualifications prior to enrolment at Dania Academy of Higher Education.
Students must be able to read textbooks, understand lectures, take part in classroom discussions and hand in written assignments in English.
Please see under each programme for the specific entry requirements.
All students should apply at www.optagelse.dk
All applicants that fullfil the entry requirements will be invited for an interview prior to acceptance at the programmes. The interview will be done via phone or Skype
10 good reasons why you should study at Dania Academy of Higher Education
1) Get access to our cutting-edge facilities
Use our state-of-the-art IT and multimedia facilities. All classrooms are equipped with PCs and projectors and there is unlimited internet access from all PCs at the Academy. You also get 24-hour access to the IT centre with about 100 workplaces, scanners, CD burners, and other special equipment. Wireless internet access is available throughout the Academy premises.
2) Get your higher education for free (EU / EEA students)
In many European countries you have to pay high tuition fees, but in Denmark students from EU / EEA countries can study for free.
3) Develop your innovative and creative skills Take an active part in your own education. At The Danish Business Academy Minerva we are committed to interactive and student-oriented teaching methods aimed at developing our students' creative and innovative skills.
4) Learn to translate theory to practise Through case studies and interdisciplinary project work, you will learn to translate theory to practise and get the hands-on skills that your future employers are looking for.
5) Begin your career before you graduate During your studies, you will meet guest lecturers from private businesses, go on company visits and do a 3 months' internship in a Danish or foreign company. So while you study, you get useful work experience and build a network that will be a good starting point for your career.
6) Get a global perspective In our international classes you get classmates from all over the world. You will learn to cooperate with people from different cultural backgrounds – and have a lot of fun. You can also add an extra international dimension to your education by doing an internship or study stay outside of Denmark.
7) Make English your professional language You don’t need to speak Danish to study one of our AP Degree Programmes as all teaching is conducted in English. Through your education, you will make English your professional language – a MUST if you are planning an international career.
8) Plan your career one step at a time When you choose one of our AP Degree Programmes you get a degree in just two years. After graduation you can find a job right away or you can continue studying for one to two more years at one of our partner universities to get a BA degree. This way you get a lot of flexibility in your career planning.
9) Get excellent student support
With about 500 students, the study environment at the Academy is informal and relaxed, with close personal contact between students and the academic staff. We care for our international students and will be happy to assist you with visa & immigration, accommodation, finding a part-time job and a number of other issues.
10) Experience the Danish knowledge society Living in Denmark, you will experience an advanced knowledge society with high educational standards, an attractive business climate, and a very clean environment. Denmark is also a safe society with one of the lowest crime rates in the world.
We pride ourselves in our excellent study facilities and a team of highly qualified and committed lecturers. The multi-cultural classes with students from many countries make every lecture an experience. We welcome students from all over the world.
At our academy you will never be” just a number” but a person, whom we personally take care of. Your well-being and inspiration is highly valued, and you will be in close contact with teachers and staff for whom your success during your stay is a personal matter. Our students’ service centre, where the staff helps you with personal and practical problems, is an example of just that.
All our teachers have university degrees and experience from private business and industry and they are therefore able to give theoretical knowledge a practical angle. We aim at giving you a practically orientated education that makes the step into employment easily accessible. For the same reason we have a close collaboration with businesses and industries.
We also have close dialogue between teachers and students and you will experience this in our lessons, where we expect you to play an active role as class discussion and group work will form part of the daily routine. This kind of education will improve your ability to act independently and will teach you to use the tools we give you in cases from real life and theoretical examples.
Dania Academy of Higher Education has strong links with the regional business and industry who are also involved in developing our educational programmes. Through case work, company visits and a 3 months' internship our students gain valuable, real-world experience that give them the best possible start in their future careers.
The multi-cultural classes with students from many countries make every lecture an experience. We welcome students from all over the world and our study programmes are all taught in English.
We offer five study programmes where all teaching is conducted in English:
AP Degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management (Randers)
AP Degree in Marketing Management (Viborg and Randers)
AP Degree in IT Technology (Viborg)
AP Degree in Automotive (Viborg)
Bachelor (BA) in International Hospitality Management (Randers)
The programmes are aimed at international students as well as Danish students with international ambitions.
Strong links with the industry
Our academy has strong links with the regional business and industry who are also involved in developing our educational programmes. Through case work, company visits and a 3 months' internship our students gain valuable, real-world experience that give them the best possible start in their future careers.
A global perspective is essential to our Academy. We have agreements with a wide network of international partners for exchange of staff and students and our students can also get an international experience by doing their internship abroad. Apart from that, about than 150 full-time students from all over the world come to Dania every year to study in one of our international degree programmes.